10 Benefits Of Homeschooling
1. Our cat never gets lonely waiting for the kids to come home from school. He just curls up right at their feet, and in their lap, and on their desk.
2. The librarian is starting to recognize us from our frequent trips to get more books. Last week she looked the other way on an overdue book.
3. Stockinged feet walking around the house all day means I don’t have to worry about polishing the wood floor.
4. There is no better place to read The History of Colonial America than curled up on the couch in front of a roaring fire.
5. We don’t need permission slips to take field trips. We just go.
6. No bullies, no PTO moms, no drop-off lane, no fashion police, no dumbing down, no fundraising, no harried teachers, no busy work. Nothing but learning.
7. The manager of our favorite deli recognizes us from our frequent lunches out and upgrades our meals with big drinks and free cookies.
8. The quality of handwriting always improves when the incentive is a half-hour morning break to watch an episode of Get Smart.
9. When the kids are asked what they did in school that day, they actually give a clear and detailed answer instead of the standard, “Oh, nothing.”
10. School becomes exciting. Knowledge becomes a treasure. Learning becomes a way of life.